Comcast Brings Harry Potter To Customers On Xfinity TV – On Demand And Online
Wizards and Muggles Alike Can Watch Exclusive Sneak Peeks at Never-Before-Seen Featurettes from Upcoming Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 1
Comcast announced that starting today, it is providing its customers access to all of the previous Harry Potter movies through Xfinity TV – On Demand and online at www.xfinitytv.com. Comcast is also bringing never-before-seen footage of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 1 to Xfinity TV – On Demand and online – as well as giving customers access to more than 75 special features, including interviews with the actors, behind-the-scenes features, a historical overview of the films, trailers and more.
“Whether it is on-the-go or at home, our customers can get a sneak peek of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 1 and see all of the films leading up to the first installment of the epic finale,” said Diana Kerekes, Vice President for Entertainment Services, Comcast.
Through Xfinity TV, Comcast customers can get ready for the release of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 1 on November 19 with six exclusive features available On Demand and online, including:
- Available November 1, 2010:
- The Story: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 1 is different from the previous films in that Harry Potter, Ron Weasley and Hermione Granger are on their own, without the protection of their Hogwarts professors. The three friends are on a desperate mission to save the wizarding world while Lord Voldemort’s Death Eaters hunt them every step of the way! This featurette looks at how their journey begins, what is at stake, and the sacrifices they make for one another.
- Horcruxes: It’s up to Harry, Ron and Hermione to find and destroy Lord Voldemort's remaining Horcruxes. Learn why the Horcruxes are the key to Voldemort's immortality and to his ultimate destruction.
- Available November 8, 2010:
- The Deathly Hallows: What are the Deathly Hallows? And why are they significant in the final battle between Harry Potter and Lord Voldemort? Find out in this exclusive featurette.
- The Ministry of Magic: This clip explores the changes to the Ministry of Magic that are revealed in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 1. Learn how Harry, Ron and Hermione infiltrate the Ministry and encounter Dolores Umbridge in her new position as Head of the Muggle-born Registration Commission.
Available November 15, 2010:
Bellatrix and Malfoy Madness -- Introduction of New Characters: In Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 1, Harry is introduced to Ron Weasley's oldest brother and Luna Lovegood's eccentric father. Meet these new characters in this Comcast exclusive.
Bellatrix and Malfoy Madness: Following the events of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, Bellatrix Lestrange remains Voldemort's most loyal follower. However, Bellatrix’s sister, Narcissa Malfoy, and the Malfoy family find themselves in a precarious position after Lucius and Draco Malfoy failed to complete their missions for the Dark Lord. Go inside Malfoy Manor and learn how things have changed for this family of Death Eaters.
Xfinity TV is also offering Comcast customers access to the first five Harry Potter films – Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire and Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix On Demand through November 10 for the special price of “nine and three-quarters” ($9.75), the same number as the train platform used to to get to Hogwarts. These movies will also be available to rent individually On Demand and online through December 13. In addition, Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince is available On Demand and online to Comcast HBO subscribers through November 29.
Comcast’s Harry Potter On Demand and online offering is part of the company’s commitment to deliver more choice and control to its customers through its Xfinity services, which include 100+ HD channels, 50 to 70 foreign-language channels, On Demand video choices increasing to 25,000 and increased broadband speeds of up to 105+ Mbps. Xfinity also offers thousands of online entertainment choices through Xfinity TV online as well as applications that enable customers to program a DVR from the Internet or a mobile device, and cross-platform features like Caller ID to the TV and PC.
About Comcast Corporation
Comcast Corporation (Nasdaq: CMCSA, CMCSK) (www.comcast.com) is one of the nation's leading providers of entertainment, information and communication products and services. With 22.9 million video customers, 16.7 million high-speed Internet customers, and 8.4 million Comcast Digital Voice customers, Comcast is principally involved in the development, management and operation of cable systems and in the delivery of programming content.
Comcast's content networks and investments include E! Entertainment Television, Style Network, Golf Channel, VERSUS, G4, PBS KIDS Sprout, TV One, 11 regional sports networks operated by Comcast Sports Group and Comcast Interactive Media, which develops and operates Comcast's Internet businesses, including Comcast.net (www.comcast.net). Comcast also has a majority ownership in Comcast-Spectacor, which owns two professional sports teams, the Philadelphia 76ers NBA basketball team and the Philadelphia Flyers NHL hockey team, and a large, multipurpose arena in Philadelphia, the Wells Fargo Center, and, through Global Spectrum, manages other facilities for sporting events, concerts and other events.